Subject: Re: Assistance please
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:23:20 -0500

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 07:16:58PM +0000, knsullivan wrote:
>Hi everyone
>
>I have installed a range of cygwin tools & utilities.  Most work fine.
>Whenever I try to compile some C or FORTRAN code, simple progs to test
>the system, I get the following message after the compiler has run for a
>while.

The range of cygwin tools and utilities that you installed did not include
"binutils".  You need that.

In fact, it really doesn't make sense to only download a subset of the tools
unless you really understand what is required.  So, we always suggest that
new users download everything.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple