Subject: Re: AFPL Ghostscript 6.50 cc errors
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:33:16 -0500

At 03:24 PM 1/22/2001, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>"Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" wrote:
> > 
> > I don't know if others have compiled Ghostscript with Cygwin but you can
> > find that pthreads use is not supported by Cygwin by checking the email
>                             ^^^ s/not/only partially/
> > archives.
> > 
>
>Cheers,
>Earnie.

Excuse me.  I should have been more clear.  I meant that the pthread 
package, external to Cygwin, is not supported by Cygwin.  Although people 
have tried it, and some have reported some success, the Cygwin DLL doesn't
attempt to support this package.  The Cygwin DLL does have its own internal
implementation of pthreads though.  This capability is part of the Cygwin 
DLL itself and the external package for pthreads, to which Soren was 
referring, is not required or recommended.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple