Subject: Passwords
From: Louis Bohm <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:43:58 -0500

Maybe I am not getting it but where is the password stored in
/etc/passwd.  Or is it not stored there?

I am trying to figure out what password login.exe wants when I
telnet in.  If I use passwd to set my passwd I noticed that the
passwd file does not get updated nor does it set the passwd so I
can use login.exe.

Louis

--
~~~~~~__  __
~~~~~/ / / /
~~~~/ / / /___  (_)__  __
~~~/ /_/ / _  \/ / \ \/ /
~~~\___ /_/ /_/_/  /_/\_\
¤¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤¤
Louis Bohm        Systems Manager
Lightbridge, Inc.    781.359.4795
http://www.lightbridge.com mailto:[email-masked]
Free Tivoli scripts can be found at http://www.microgeek.com
¤¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤¤

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple