Subject: Mount mode problem? [Fwd: Emacs and ispell]
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:01:43 -0500

The following is copied with permission from the NTEmacs list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Emacs and ispell
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:44:48 +0000
From: "Dr Francis J. Wright" <[email-masked]>
Organization: Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London
To: NTEmacs Users <[email-masked]>

A cautionary tail!

I have been running the Cygwin port of ispell (the one that used to be
accessible by following links from the Cygwin site!) with Emacs for some
time.  Recently, I upgraded my Cygwin installation from an early version
of Cygwin 1.1 to a more recent version and ispell stopped working with
Emacs, although it still worked outside Emacs.  The reason turned out to
be that my personal ispell dictionary was in DOS format and ispell now
seems to want it in Unix format.  Since it had only three words in it, I
just deleted it, and now ispell works with Emacs again.  As far as I am
aware, the only relevant change was an update to the Cygwin dll, and I'm
surprised that it had this effect on ispell.

Francis
----------------------------- 

This looks like the originator ran into a problem with the "default"
mount mode.  There isn't much clue as to which change levels within
1.1.x
are involved.  Is this a known Cygwin problem/feature or is it within 
ispell?

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple