Subject: Re: Cygwin questions
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: Yehuda Gan-El <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:40:10 -0500

At 08:16 AM 1/16/2001, Yehuda Gan-El wrote:
>Hello:
>1)We are trying to bulid ACE/TAO on VxWorks. For doing that we have to use
>Cygwin, since our host runs on windows2000. For the building process we
>defined new user enviorment variables (like other paths in the path var, CPU
>variable etc.) We checked to see if other programs (regular C++ files) are
>femilier with the new vars, and they were. but the Cygwin did not recognize
>them.Why doe'nt the Cygwin know about the existance of these vars?

You'll have to be more specific about what you're doing.  There are many 
reasons that "Cygwin" would not see an environment variable set elsewhere.
The most obvious is that you set the variable after starting bash or some
other Cygwin-enabled program.  But this is only the most obvious case.
There are many variations.

>2) We did not succees to compile a simple C++ program using the gcc order.
>Do we have to do somthing special in order to be able to compile in this
>order?

Sorry but I have no idea what "using the gcc order" means.  Perhaps if you
posted a simple example of what you did, someone could point out where you
went wrong.

>3)Does Cygwin is femiliar with unmount ? I did not succeed to operate it!

Um, you mean umount?  unmount is not a Cygwin utility...

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple