Subject: Re: [PATCH 5.7.x] RE: perl-5.6.1 DB_file support
From: Jarkko Hietaniemi <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Marquess <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Reini Urban <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:53:46 -0600

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 08:02:12PM -0000, Paul Marquess wrote:
> I've a feeling this may not be ok to make use of ls like I do in the patch

It's rather naughty but it's inside Configure so it's hard to spot.
You don't need to use ls, though, just echo would do.  But more
importantly, is looking just under /usr/local going to work?
/usr/local may be the default but can't people install BerkeleyDB
pretty anywhere they want?  I have worked in many places where
/usr/local simply wasn't an option, for various technical and/or
political reasons.  I think we need to look under all the preceding
directories (without the /include, with the BerkeleyDB*) in locincpth.

> enclosed, but it does get perl to check the new default locations for db.h
> and libdb.a
> 
> Paul

-- 
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'.
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple