Subject: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION in bash and dump of stack trace
From: Helmut Dipper <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:08:35 +0100

I use following bash-version:

bash -version delivers:
GNU bash, version 2.04.0(1)-release (i586-pc-cygwin)
Copyright 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

on Windows-NT 4.0 SP5.

My bash.exe is taken from bash-2.04-1.tar.gz.
sh.exe is a copy of bash.exe.

During a make in a complicated makefile hierarchy
often, but at varying points in the hierarchy, I get
messages like the following (taken from a part of the
make protocol):
-----------------------------------------------
make RELEASE in ../../src/uth/ALPHA/SQL ...

make[2]: Entering directory `/m/UTX_31C10_001128.1001/utx_v01/src/uth/ALPHA/SQL'
      0 [sig] sh 27898 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
 247537 [sig] sh 27898 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to sh.exe.stackdump
make[2]: *** [RELEASE] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make[2]: Leaving directory `/m/UTX_31C10_001128.1001/utx_v01/src/uth/ALPHA/SQL'
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/m/UTX_31C10_001128.1001/utx_v01/production/makefiles'

make -f ../../production/makefiles/make_uth_sicad.m RELEASE LANG_LIST=de:en
MAKEOPTS=-i OS=NT 

make[1]: Entering directory
`/m/UTX_31C10_001128.1001/utx_v01/production/makefiles'
-----------------------------------------------

In the directory following file is created:
sh.exe.stackdump
with following contents:

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=61009324
eax=00000000 ebx=00000000 ecx=00000000 edx=00000001 esi=61083808 edi=61083880
ebp=1404FA14 esp=1404FCCC program=c:\bin\sh.exe
cs=001B ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0038 gs=0000 ss=0023
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args
1404FA14  61009324  (00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000)
1404FCD8  61009324  (61083808, 00000001, 01000000, 6104477F)
1404FCF8  6100A36B  (00000001, 00000014, 1404FF00, 0041BB04)
1404FE08  6100A922  (00000014, 1404FF00, 0041BB04, 00000000)
1404FF28  6100B071  (00000014, 00000014, 00000000, 000001F4)
1404FF88  610402D8  (00000000, 00000000, 8013D3BC, 80A30024)
1404FFB8  610034D0  (610834A4, 0A050F77, 0A033054, 610834A4)
1404FFEC  77F04EE8  (61003490, 61086020, 77366377, 0000690F)
End of stack trace

In most of the cases the stack of functions shown in
the stack trace seems to be the same.

Is this problem already known and if so,
is already a bugfix available?

Regards
Helmut Dipper

-- 
Helmut Dipper			| SICAD Utilities GmbH
phone: +49 89 636 41558	| Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
___fax: +49 89 636 49613 | D-81730 Muenchen

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple