Subject: C compiler cannot create Executables" error while building Powerpc cross compiler.
From: Ramesh Veema <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:25:10 -0800

Hi,

Iam  trying to build a CROSS-GCC compiller for  powerpc-motorola-eabi
and
I am getting  "C compiler cannot create executables";
Hardware & software

Workstation : SUNSparc
Operating system : Solaris8 (SUNOS 5.8)
Latest GCC built with Native SUNWorshop compiler 5.0  :  gcc-2.95.2
I have the latest binutils and i have generated Cross compilation tools
such as powerpc-motorola-eabi-as, ld, etc...

I did the make distclean and  configure the latest gcc  as follows for
cross compilation

 ./configure  --target=powerpc-motorola-eabi

and  cd gcc directory and Config.log file shows the bottom ettot:

configure:6044: checking for strerror in -lcposix
configure:6063: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lcposix   1>&5
ld: fatal: library -lcposix: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest

and later i  issued a "make"  and the build went for long time and
later responded with

"C compiler  cannot create executables" and Iam confused.

If any one have idea please help me out in identifying  to do better
Cross compilation

Regards
Ramesh V.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple