Subject: CR/LF problems,
From: Mark Tigges <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:05:49 -0800

Hi,

I just upgraded my cygwin to the latest version in order to 
satisfy xemacs requirements.

Unfortunately now I am completely unable to make cygwin in 
anyway not perform \r\n translation.

This is critical since any Makefile's created in cygwin will not
work in unix.

The relevant mount is mounted as binary:
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
\\cardano\anm       /anm                user         binmode
d:\bin              /usr/bin            system       binmode
d:\lib              /usr/lib            system       binmode
d:                  /                   system       binmode

and when I installed I checked "Unix" as the default text file
mode.  However, as I said it seems to have no effect (I have tried
both tty and binmode in the CYGWIN variable (also  CYGWIN32 as I
saw sporadic mention of it in the user guide as well)).

I am at a complete loss as to what is causing the problem.  If 
anybody knows how to effectively eradicate any \r\n translation
I would be hugely appreciated to be enlightened.

Thanks,

Mark.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple