Subject: Re: New autoconf tests - let's try this again
From: "Janis Johnson" <[email-masked]>
To: "Zack Weinberg" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:30:42 -0800

Have mmap from /dev/zero.
Have mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS).
mmap of /dev/zero works.
mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS) works.
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:07 test1a.l
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:07 test1z.l
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:07 test2a.l
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:07 test2z.l
DYNIX/ptx eng2 4.0 V4.6.0 i386

Before DYNIX/ptx V4.6.0, getpagesize() was in libseq rather than libc,
so the tests failed.  I got the following results by either adding
-lseq or by substituting PAGE_SIZE for getpagesize().  Perhaps the
tests could check that getpagesize() is available.

Have mmap from /dev/zero.
Have mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS).
mmap of /dev/zero works.
mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS) works.
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:17 test1a.l
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:17 test1z.l
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:17 test2a.l
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:17 test2z.l
DYNIX/ptx eng4 4.0 V4.5.2 i386

Have mmap from /dev/zero.
Have mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS).
mmap of /dev/zero works.
mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS) works.
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:22 test1a.l
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:22 test1z.l
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:22 test2a.l
-rw-r-----    1 janis    sequent        0 Jan  9 10:22 test2z.l
DYNIX/ptx crg2 4.0 V4.4.7 i386

Janis Johnson
IBM Linux Technology Center
(503) 578-5458
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple