Subject: Re: CGI apps crashing? (Was: Re: id.exe crashes when using ssh (since 1.1.6?))
From: [email-masked] (Henry S. Thompson)
To: "Rui Carmo" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Jan 2001 10:48:46 +0000

So one more data point in this continuing effort to debug the
sshd-as-service crashes:

I've been running with sshd -d in my inet.conf, which has the side
effect that when I come in with ssh I see a dump of the environment
vars.  I noticed that at this point /(usr/)bin was _not_ in the path,
so I moved C:\cygwin\bin and C:\cygwin\user\local\bin from my private
environemt variable PATH setting to the system's PATH and restarted.

Not sure whether this actually helped, because although I can now
successfully ssh in from my Solaris box, I still can't ssh to myself
from cygwin directly.

I've noted before that things seem to get better for a while after a
reboot, so maybe that's all that's happening, but Rui or others might
like to try the above change and see if it helps them.

ht
-- 
  Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of Edinburgh
          W3C Fellow 1999--2001, part-time member of W3C Team
     2 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: [email-masked]
		     URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple