Subject: Re: Getting GCC's testsuite, i.e., dejagnu, under cygwin-1.1.7
From: "Dave Korn" <[email-masked]>
To: Christian Jönsson <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Billinghurst, David \(CRTS\)" <[email-masked]>, "gcc" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:30:39 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Jönsson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2001 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: Getting GCC's testsuite, i.e., dejagnu, under cygwin-1.1.7

> This is indeed a mystery to me. Perhaps the people working
> with cygwin and related matters, such as tcl/tk and dejagnu
> thereunder, on cygwin list have any comments?
>
> My e-mail to David had this question in it:
>
> -----
> Hello David.
>
> I'm just curious, how did you get the testsuite running?
>
> I always get can't find /usr/share/dejagnu/runtest.exp
> regardless if I set DEJAGNULIBS as /usr/share/dejagnu or
> something like /cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/share/dejagnu...
>
> Oh, I have a win2k/pro/sp1 with an up to date cygwin-1.1.7.

     Hi there,

  I'm also using cygwin on win2k, without any service packs. I hadn't
heard the advice that dejagnu needs your cygwin installation to be in the
root of a drive, so I haven't followed it, but I've managed to get dejagnu
working on my system. The two things that seemed to make all the
difference in my case were:
   -  I had several futile attempts to build and install dejagnu using
tarballs I found on ftp.gnu.org and cygwin mirror sites. None of these
even built correctly. What finally worked for me was getting the CVS
sources from the cygwin anon cvs server (which is also the gcc server).
   -  I don't know how it happened, but I found that I had both tcl8.0 and
tk8.0 installations existing in both /usr/share and /usr/local/share.
OTOH, my dejagnu installation from the CVS put itself into
/usr/local/share. I don't really know what's going on with that, but
pointing DEJAGNULIBS at /usr/share really wouldn't work for me, because
there's no dejagnu directory there.
   -  Other possibly-relevant facts are that I'm working with the 2.95.3
branch of gcc, and that I'm running cross-compiler tests on a remote
target board.

    Here's the contents of my .bashrc, which I think may be relevant:

---------------------------------------------
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/lib
export LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export TCL_LIBRARY=/usr/share/tcl8.0
export DEJAGNULIBS=/usr/local/share/dejagnu
export DEJAGNU=/home/dkadmin/gcc/build/cvs4/gcc/testsuite/site.exp
---------------------------------------------

  The DEJAGNU definition points at the site.exp in my current working
version of the GCC CVS sources. I've attached my cygcheck output as well.
I'm reading this from the Gcc list; apologies for crossposting to cygwin
when I'm not going to see replies on that list, but I thought my
information might be relevant anyway.

     cheers,
        DaveK

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple