Subject: Keeping *.tar.gz files?
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:39:35 -0500

This is probably a silly question, SETUP leaves the
./latest/xxxxxxxx.tar.gz
files when it's finished.  I always install from the Internet.  Is there
any benefit from keeping all those archives?  I (think I) know that
SETUP looks in /etc/setup/installed.db or some such to tell what is
installed.  Even if the archives are gone, it should see that there is
no reason to update packages that haven't changed.

Thanks,
--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate.  Public Key
at:
<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit>
"Don't buy or use crappy software"
"By the grace of God I am a Christian man,
 by my actions a great sinner" -- The Way of a Pilgrim [R. M. French,
tr.]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple