Subject: Re: -mno-cygwin with -mthread
From: "Paul Garceau" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:38:37 -0800

On 27 Dec 2000, at 16:06, the Illustrious Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Does anyone use the subjected combination of switches?  I need to
> know because of /usr/bin/mingwm10.dll and future enhancements.

	Yes, I've used it during testing of various Cygwin ports.

	As I recall, that particular combination didn't work...in fact 
there was some assumption...ah yes, no -mwindows, ie. the 
compiler assumed console operation as opposed to win32 
operation.
	After specifically adding the -mwindows switch, it seemed to 
work.  This, in turn, lead me to believe that due to the basis 
of the -mno-cygwin switch (linking crtdll.dll version of Mingw), 
-mthreads wasn't able to work too well.

	Apparently, -mthreads doesn't like to function without
 -mwindows being set...so since there have been no complaints or 
reports re: the above combination I figured it was because it 
wasn't used by more than a few people.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

> 
> -- 
> Earnie Boyd
> mailto:[email-masked]
> 
> ---         <http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com>         ---
> --- Cygwin: POSIX on Windows <http://gw32.freeyellow.com/> ---
> ---   Minimalist GNU for Windows <http://www.mingw.org/>   ---
> 
> _________________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
> 
> 
> --
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> 

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple