Subject: Re: new to-do item
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Chuck Esterbrook <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 16:41:21 -0500

On Sun, Dec 24, 2000 at 04:07:40PM -0500, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:
>FYI, I don't think CVS is going to do what I want. That is, translate 
>end-of-lines between a UNIX CVS server and a Windows CVS client, in the 
>same manner that FTP would.

If you use cygwin or cygwin-aware tools to do everything, then you can
and should just use binary mounts.  Relying on tools to "do the right
thing" with the CRLF line endings is asking for trouble.

>It would be nice in the future if the cygwin CVS could be configured
>(perhaps via an environment variable) for this behavior.

As you have previously noted, it is best to send these kind of
observations the cygwin mailing list.  Then the CVS maintainer can
answer your questions and respond to your suggestions.

I've Cc'ed [email-masked] and redirected the reply-to accordingly.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple