Subject: Re: Possible problem: gcc search path
From: "Paul Garceau" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:44:52 -0800

Hi folks,

On 22 Dec 2000, at 12:31, the Illustrious Joseph Heled wrote:

> 
> Hi,
> 
> When I compile using '/bin/g++ -V2.95.2-5 ...' I get
> gcc: file path prefix `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2-5/'
> never used
> 
> This is because g++ uses a different spec path than when using a
> plain g++.
> 
> I am not sure if this is a cygwin issue or a gcc one, but this
> behaviour is certainly surprizing:
> 
> joseph@HANSOLO ~/mm40/tests/auto_suite/DATA
> $ /bin/g++ -V2.95.2-5 -v
> Reading specs from
> /bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2-5/specs gcc version
> 2.95.2-5 19991024 (cygwin experimental) g++: No input files

	I just updated my Cygwin distribution last night.

	Hmm, there aren't any NT4 shortcuts that I can see...(yes, NT4 
can handle shortcuts in much the same way that Unix handles 
certain types of Symlinks.  Typically these shortcuts are 
postfixed with ".lnk".  Win9x and WinME, afaik, are incapable of 
handling such things, even though they have a ".lnk" postfix 
available).

Under Bash:

	I too have noticed, when doing "gcc -v" that the gcc reference 
used is set to usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2-5/specs.

	There is something that looks like a symlink, but it appears to 
be invalid (in other words, I can not run "ls" on the link from 
Bash to get the listing of the subsequent subdirectories, such 
as gcc-lib).  Are the symlinks I am seeing only "soft" links?

	When running "g++ -v" a similar phenomenon occurs.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple