Subject: Re: Problems compiling perl module Compress-Zlib with perl
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Kelem <[email-masked]>, Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 23:08:49 +0100

<17 Dec 2000, 13:12 Uhr wars, als Steve Kelem folgendes schrub:>
< Re: Problems compiling perl module  >

> I searched for collect2.exe on /g (cygwin is installed in G:\cygwin) and 
> found:
> 
> 441580091   27 -rwxr-xr-x   1 kelem    None        54272 Nov  9 22:09 
> /g/cygwin/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2-5/collect2.exe
> 1055031969   27 -rwxr-xr-x   1 kelem    None        55296 Feb  7  2000 
> /g/PRC-Tools/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/m68k-palmos/2.95.2-kgpd/collect2.exe
> 137271073   27 -rwxr-xr-x   1 kelem    None        54272 Nov  9 22:09 
> /g/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2-5/collect2.exe
> 415310720   28 -rwxr-xr-x   1 kelem    None        56832 Nov 21  1999 
> /g/lib/gcc-lib/i686-cygwin/2.95.2/collect2.exe
> 
> Are any of these valid?

Hi Steve, 

i would uninstall all these versions of gcc, there are three different 
ones.

If you run bash, normally, your path looks like this (should look):
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

If you got gcc installed, there are binaries in /bin to be found in the 
mount /usr/bin
Also there are binaries (collect2.exe e.g.) in:

$ locate collect
/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2-5/collect2.exe
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2-5/collect2.exe

$ locate ld.exe
/bin/fold.exe
/bin/ld.exe
/usr/bin/fold.exe
/usr/bin/ld.exe

$ locate gcc.exe
/bin/gcc.exe
/bin/i686-pc-cygwin-gcc.exe
/usr/bin/gcc.exe
/usr/bin/i686-pc-cygwin-gcc.exe

I could tell nothing else than, uninstall all your different copies of 
gcc and all the other stuff, reinstall WITH setup.exe from cygwin.com, 
change your PATH to standard:
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

Get the source of perl and compile by yourself. If help is needed, fell 
free to ask again.

-- 
=^..^=
Gerrit Peter Haase

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]