Subject: Re: Problems compiling perl module Compress-Zlib with perl
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>, Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:08:57 +0100

<17 Dec 2000, 11:22 Uhr wars, als Steve Kelem folgendes schrub:>
< Re: Problems compiling perl module  >

> > What is this /home/kelem/bin/sh/ld ??  collect2 *should* be calling
> > /usr/bin/ld.exe.  
> 
> I have a file called ld.sh.  Why is it being invoked?  I don't have a 
> file called ld or ld.exe.
> I tried deleting the file, and I get the same result.

Hi Steve,

well, without ld.exe, it is not possible to compile s.th. for perl in 
cygwin, since perl is compiled with help of ld.exe.

You should really install the WHOLE cygwin that you get running setup 
from http://www.cygwin.com

I would suggest, to delete setup.ini and /etc/setup/installed.db before 
running setup, so everything is installed new.

If you don't like this idea, you definitly need to install binutils, 
which contains ld.exe and some other tools. 
I know, you got it installed, but it must be corrupted, since there is 
no ld.exe, maybe other parts of your installation are corrupted too, 
thats the reason why i suggest a full new install may be the best now.

Ciao,
-- 
Gerrit Peter Haase

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]