Subject: Re: latest version of gcc?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Kelem <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 23:46:07 -0500

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 08:43:02PM -0800, Steve Kelem wrote:
>> I don't understand the question.  We include a version of gcc when you
>> install cygwin.  Why would you assume that this version was incorrect?
>
>Because of the problems I'm having compiling the perl module 
>Compress-Zlib 1.08 and because the cygwin page
>(http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ported.html) lists a port of gcc2.95.2 
>(ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/gcc-2.95.2/).   
>(If this isn't a good compiler, please let me know, let me know how to 
>uninstall it, how to install the proper one, and update your web page. 
>For now, I'll assume it's the correct compiler, even though it installed 
>into /H-i586-cygwin32/bin, and not /bin.)

I think I've already let you know.  Use the version of the compiler that
is released with the product.  There is no reason for you to go to some
other site to find a compiler.  gcc comes with cygwin.  Use setup.exe to
install it, just like any other package.

That link was basically a historical reference.  I've removed it.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]