Subject: RE: Not a full install
From: "Dunn-Roberts, Richard" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:08:21 -0800

Ronald,

A suggestion concerning list protocol.  If you raise a second question in a
response to an earlier question, it will frequently get filtered out
(mentally) by list recipients who have already looked at earlier traffic
with the same subject, and are not interested in that particular topic.  In
addition, someone scanning subject lines looking for information about the
second question raised may miss an answer they are looking for, because the
subject is not relevent to the second question.

Usually, to ask a separate question, you should start a new post.

Good luck with your less-than-full install.

Richard Dunn-Roberts
Science Applications International Corporation
12479 Research Parkway
Orlando, Florida, 32826-3248

[email-masked]

vox:	(407) 207 2752
fax:	(407) 277 5395

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 11:48 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Not a full install

Ok, thanks. I'll see how far we get and will let you know. 

What about the problem with the ps command ? Any idea why i don't get to see
the windows processes if i use 'ps -W' ?

Kind regards,  Ronald

[email-masked] on 2000-12-14 17:17:02
To:	[email-masked]@SMTP
Ronald van Gogh/ORIGIN/ADMIN/PHILIPS@EMEA3
cc:	 
Subject:	Re: Not a full install
Classification:	

At 09:49 AM 12/14/2000, [email-masked] wrote:
>Currently we're setting up a Tivoli environment to monitor a mixed
environment of AIX (unix) and Windows NT servers. We're have created a shell
script for this to be run on all the endpoints (servers).
>On the AIX servers it will be automatically processed as a Korn shell
script. However on the NT machines we need something like bash.
>Since we don't need everything of bash, which would occupy over 100Mb, we
only would like to install parts of the complete package. Is this possible ?
>Can it be done remotely by sending certain files over or do we really need
to run some setup executable locally ?

Sure but you'd be breaking new ground so you'd need to be willing to hunt
and peck to figure out what a minimum installation is for you and make sure
everything works.  Since no one (that I know of) has tried this yet, you
wouldn't get much help.  Generally speaking, questions about "I installed
foo package and when I run it, it tells me it can't find bar - What's
wrong?"
are answered on this list by suggesting that the poster install everything.
At this point, there are way too many variations, too many questions, and
far too few people who can help answer these questions for the response to
be otherwise at this point I'm afraid.  So, plunge ahead and report back
your findings.  The results may be useful and would be of interest to the
list.

Good luck,

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]