Subject: Re: Contributing condition variables to Cygwin pthreads -- How do I start?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:29:50 -0500

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 10:07:15AM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
>Hello.
>
>As the subject says, I'd like to volunteer to add condition
>variables (pthread_cond_t, etc.) to the Cygwin pthread library,
>but I've never hacked Cygwin before and I really don't know what
>steps are required to start.
>
>Is there a "Cygwin volunteering FAQ" somewhere?  If not, I'd
>greatly appreciate some pointers from people who know what they're
>doing.

As with any project, the place to start is the project web page.  There
is at least one obvious link there.

>Is there a reason the "Open Source POSIX Threads for Win32" code
>at http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/ hasn't been combined
>with Cygwin?
>
>I tried using the pthread.h and libpthreadVCE.{a,dll} libraries
>from this site on top of cygwin (i.e. installing them into /usr/local)
>but had some problems.
>
>This code appears to support condition variables, but it does some
>weird #defining and #including (of stuff like winsock.h) which leads
>to collisions with cygwin includes like <sys/time.h>.
>
>I don't want to duplicate others' work, and I'd prefer not to start
>down a blind alley, but I would like to make this effort.
>
>Any suggestions?

Try searching the archives for pthread.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]