Subject: Re: ice window manager works with DirectX X-Server
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 22:32:29 -0500

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 10:28:39PM -0500, Bob Walkup wrote:
>I recently installed the xfree86 binaries for cygwin, from the tar-files on
>the net.  It was possible to get up and running right away with the
>supplied startxwin.bat file.  However, I really wanted a different window
>manager, and I like "ice".  So I tried to build icewm from the current
>icewm source, version 1.0.4.  At first the build failed due to errors in
>the source-file yapp.cc.  The definition of the "timercmp" function is
>missing.  After some poking around, using grep in the cygwin include
>directories, I found that there is a macro for "timercmp" in
>/usr/include/w32api/winsock.h.  After cutting and pasting the three-line
>macro for "timercmp" into yapp.cc, the ice window manager compiled
>correctly.  Now I am using icewm with xfree86 on cygwin - a very nice
>combination.  I suspect that having more window managers to choose from
>should help increase the popularity of cygwin.  Please pass the information
>along, and/or make a pre-built icewm available for cygwin users.

The mailing list for Cygwin/XFree86 is cygwin-xfree.

Please use this mailing list for any questions or observations about
this project.

Thanks,
cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]