Subject: Re: How do I load perl?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:20:18 +0100

<9 Dec 2000, 1:59 Uhr wars, als steve labelle folgendes schrub:>
< How do I load perl? >

> I am running NT and launch Cygwin to do scripting in bash.  I want to
> learn perl now so how would I load perl and use it in Cygwin.  I would
> like to set it up so I can script in either bash or perl, just like if I
> were running UNIX, I can just switch between the two by typing ksh,
> bash.... (you get the point).
> 
> Is this possible?

Not impossible. There is a ready to use perl version at:
http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/perl-5.6.0/index.html
'manufactured' by Charles Wilson

Read carefullt, there are some important points. You need to install some
additional software, like db, cygipc and gdbm to get it all working.
You will find this additional programs also at cygutils.

Then you should be able to run the binary. (I hope so).

Ciao,

gph

-- 
Gerrit Peter Haase

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]