Subject: Access to network disks after ssh login
From: John Haggerty <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:13:55 -0500

I was so impressed by this list's answer's to yesterday's problems, so I
thought I'd try again today....

So I am happy to be ssh'ing into my Windows NT machine, and using gnu
make to build all my programs without sitting in front of the machine. 
Very cool.  (I haven't really succeeded in starting sshd as a service,
but I still have some more manual-thumbing to do there.)

On the NT machine's console, I had set up a mapped network drive to a
Samba mounted disk on the Unix server, and made a link to it locally, as
in 

ln -s f:/foo localfoo

and I could come and go to localfoo as I pleased.  However, at the bash
prompt (I made bash the shell), I get, alas,

bash: cd: localfoo: Permission denied

although I modified as many permissions as I could think of.  There's
lots of stuff at play here... Samba... the Unix server... the NT
security... Cygwin... any ideas on where to start?  

-- 
John Haggerty
internet: [email-masked]
voice/fax: 631 344 2286/631 344 4592
http://www.rhic.bnl.gov/phenix/computing/online/oncs/people/haggerty/johnh.html

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]