Subject: Re: Normal Cygwin Behavior?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Warren Togami <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 02:18:43 -0500

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 08:56:49PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>Thank you for your nicely rude response.  This is why I don't like asking
>questions on mailing lists.  People always flame you for mistakes.  I now
>understand that this is not a Cygwin problem.  I made an honest mistake, ok?

Sure.  I was trying to ensure that the topic was put to rest.  I'm sorry
that you took a terse sentence to be an indication of rudeness.

If you consider what I wrote to be a flame, I can see why you don't like
to send questions to mailing lists.

>I do not believe this is off-topic anymore.  People here would be very
>knowledgable about peculiarities in NT security, and maybe somebody would
>know what is causing this.

Whether you believe this is off-topic or not, is irrelevant unfortunately.
AFAICT, you're asking about the behavior of a non-cygwin program.  The fact
that people here may be knowledgable about a particular topic is not really
the criteria for describing if something is "on topic".

I happen to know a fair amount about tropical fish.  That does not mean
that tropical fish questions are valid here.

If your program had behaved differently under bash than at the windows
command prompt then this would obviously be a possible cygwin problem.
From your description, this was not the case.

I suggest that you find a usenet forum (deja.com) or another mailing
list (www.egroups.com) to find the answer to your question.  Or, you
could possibly even contact the place which provided you with the
version of java that you're using.

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager
Red Hat, Inc.

>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Christopher Faylor" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 5:18 PM
>Subject: Re: Normal Cygwin Behavior?
>
>>It is more than somewhat off-topic.  It is completely off-topic and
>>misleading to suggest that Cygwin has anything to do with this.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]