Subject: RE: checking if package supports DLLs...no
From: "edward" <[email-masked]>
To: "Julia A . Case" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:00:23 -0500

In order to build dll's you need to pass --enable-win32-dll to ltconfig.

Note, the message says if the *package* you are trying to build supports
dlls... So you need to make sure the package itself has dll support.

libtool (which is the code that generates these messages) has some support
for building cygwin dll's automatically, but it's not as robust as say,
standard unix shared libraries... simply because the cygwin dll stuff
isn't as robust yet.

cheers,
edward

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Julia A . Case
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 3:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: checking if package supports DLLs...no

When I run configure under cygwin I get the above message, shouldn't it
say yes?

Julie

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]
[   Admining Linux  ] [           To thine own self be true.           ]
[ Windows/WindowsNT ] [ Fair is where you take your cows to be judged. ]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]