Subject: RE: error in compiling glib-1.2.8
From: edward <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:29:11 -0800 (PST)

Julie,

Pthreads library
================

Before building you must get the pthreads library for Win32 from
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/pthreads-win32/. The pthreads-win32
snapshot from 1999-05-30 is the one that should be used. Edit the
location of the pthreads library and include files in makefile.msc or
makefile.mingw. The pthreads distribution includes the precompiled dll
and import libraries both for MSVC and gcc. Later versions might also
work.

The pthreads for Win32 package that the thread support uses supposedly
isn't quite ready yet, and thus threads stuff should not be relied
upon for anything serious.

---

This isn't exactly obvious from the glib-1.2.8 archive. The readme from
the cvs glib is much better.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products.
http://shopping.yahoo.com/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]