Subject: RE: glib-1.2.8?
From: "edward" <[email-masked]>
To: "Julia A . Case" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:54:30 -0500

If I recall correctly, as of 2 weeks ago, both the cvs and official
versions of glib compiled fine.

make check fails one the markup test because the test invocation is
incorrect, but you can run that one manually.

PS. you'll have problem with the official gnome packages of bonobo and
gconf, due to file names that differ only by case. The cvs versions have
renamed those files.

PPS. oaf, orbit and gnome-print require cygwin patches... I'll post those
once I make sure they actually work. they pass the test suite, but I want
to hold back until I can get the entire gnome package running.

PPPS. gnome requires some libraries which must be at least re-entrant.
that means recompiling the winsup cygwin module to export the *_r
functions.

Cheers.
edward

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Julia A . Case
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 3:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: glib-1.2.8?

Has anyone been able to build glib-1.2.8 under cygwin?

Julie

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]
[   Admining Linux  ] [           To thine own self be true.           ]
[ Windows/WindowsNT ] [ Fair is where you take your cows to be judged. ]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]