Subject: Re: Reproduced it finally
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Krug <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:03:45 -0500

At 01:32 PM 12/6/2000, Charles Krug wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 12:26:53PM -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> > And I assume you know advapi32.dll is in your path as sh.exe sees it, right?
>
>Yes, I just verified that, both in bash and in subshells, whether bash
>or sh.
>
>Were this the case, wouldn't it fail as soon as sh tried to spawn its
>first Cygwin application, rather than waiting until the 20th or 30th
>item or even longer?

Yes.

>I'm curious about the fact that it sometimes completes the rest of the
>script after the failure--sometimes with additional occurances of the
>same failure, but on occasion without further error.  And again, I've
>run the thing at least once with no errors from a fresh unpacking.
>
>The inconsistancy what I find must curious.

I'm guessing (only!) that the environment is somehow getting trashed in
some nested invocation.  That could explain the behavior.  I can't say 
that's it though...

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]