Subject: Re: ediff falsely identifying a difference as white space only
From: Bill Pringlemeir <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 01 Dec 2000 09:35:18 -0500

>>>>> "JR" == Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> writes:
[snip]
 JR> option rather than using it blindly. This means that versions of
 JR> diff that do not understand the --binary option will still work
 JR> for some cases (in 20.7 they do not work at all), but you will
 JR> still need a version that understands the --binary option if you
 JR> want perfect bug free ediffing.

But this seems to be untrue.  The --binary option is equivalent to the
`-q' option.  This simply results in "Files %s and %s differ\n"
message.  Certainly this is not what ediff wants.  Also, the newest
version of `Ediff' does still contain the code that appends the
--binary flags (if supported).  How is this going to help things by
passing the binary option?  Or should `ignore_some_changes' be set so
that this condition is false?  Sorry, I am a little confused; perhaps
I am missing something.  However this doesn't seem like it will work
to me.

regards,
Bill

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]