Subject: Re: Lp/lpr equiv or how do I print
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Brian Keener <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:29:42 -0500

Brian,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 03:01:07PM -0500, Brian Keener wrote:
> Jason Tishler wrote:
> > BTW, using gsprint happens to prevent our print server (which also happens
> > to be our PDC, file server, VPN server, etc.) from BSODing occasionally
> > when the printing process is driven by a *remotely* running gswin32c. :,)
> 
> Interesting since reading the documentation on GSView reveals that it uses  
> Ghostscript for printing anyways.  Also interesting since we couldn't get 
> the -sOUTPUTFILE= option to work on Ghostscript but you're saying the 
> -printer option on GSPrint works as you would expect?

The -sOUTPUTFILE option should work as advertised (by Ghostscript),
but only for direct (i.e., not network) attached printers.  I have this
stuff installed in three different locations and it only works at home
where my PCL printer is directly attached to my PC.

Regarding the gsprint "-printer" option, I should have been more precise.
What I was trying to say, was that my (current) version of lpr will only
print to your PC's default printer.  If you have more that one printer
and want to print to the non-default printer, then you should try using
"-printer" option.  I have not tried this option so I cannot report on
how well it works -- YMMV.  I'm was just quoting from the docs.

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]