Subject: Re: [PATCH] Problems with Cygwin mmap/munmap (mmap.cc)
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Zack Weinberg <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 23:36:30 -0500

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 08:27:53PM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>[cgf - I'm cc:ing you despite the Reply-To: because when I last tried
>to send mail to the cygwin list it bounced with a "You're not a
>subscriber" message.]

???  Hopefully you were sending email to cygwin-developers not cygwin.
cygwin-developers is subscribe only but I'll add you to the "allow to
post list", in case you do want to send something there.  This
discussion is actually more appropriate for that list.

>On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 10:52:59PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>
>> The problem, I think, is that VirtualAlloc space is not inherited.  We
>> could kludge around this, like we do with fork, by copying the regions
>> but that could slow down things a lot.
>
>Hm, is there any way cc1 can tell cygwin that it promises never to use
>fork?

Not currently, no.

Maybe we need to implement a valloc that is not wasteful of memory?

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]