Subject: Compiling problem: crt0.o -- undefined reference
From: "Queenie Chan" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:52:04 +0800

Hi,

This is my first time using cygwin, and I tried to run a simple Hello
World program, but I got this error message:

bash-2.04$ gcc hello.c
/usr/lib/crt0.o(.text+0x39):crt0.c: undefined reference to 'cygwin_crt0'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm using Windows NT and I installed the following cygwin packages:
bash, binutils, cygwin, fileutils, gcc, make, shellutils, diff,
glibc-1.09.1

I figure the problem occurs when the compiler gets to the line, main(),
of my Hello World program.  Yet, I don't know how to fix it.  My crt0.o
file is in D:\cygwin\lib\.

Please help me, for I can't do anything else if I can't even compile.
Thank you very much.

Queenie

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]