Subject: Re: Subscribers to cygwin mailing list can post regardless ofspam blocks
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles S. Wilson" <[email-masked]>, Per Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:58:48 -0500

At 10:39 AM 11/27/2000, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
>Did I mention that comcast@home is CLUELESS ?  Completely and totally
>IGNORANT ?
>
>--Chuck

You certainly did and I'm glad.  While I don't use them, my ISP is 
just as clueless.  Its good to see some acknowledgement of the wider issue 
which the use of ORBS engenders.  Fighting spam is not the sole 
responsibility of the unsuspecting user, which seems to be the notion that
many sites using ORBS adopt.  Having suffered through the trials and 
tribulations of dealing with ORBS myself, I'm very pleased to see the change
Chris Faylor has made for this list.  I think it embodies the original 
spirit of controlling spam on this list without restricting subscribers' 
access or requiring individuals to wage the SPAM war with an all-too-often
clueless (or at least hesitant) "ally" - their ISP.

Nice work Chris!

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]