Subject: Re: rsync works with 1.1.2 but fails with later Cygwin1.dll versions
From: Rod Whitby <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 23 Nov 2000 08:30:44 +1030

Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 07:20:58PM +1030, Rod Whitby wrote:
> >I can supply cygcheck and strace output to anyone who is interested,
> >but at the moment I'm really interested to see if anyone has the same
> >problem or knows a solution or has an idea of something that has
> >changed between 1.1.2 and 1.1.6-1 which could cause rsync (which spawns
> >an rsh.exe helper) to fail.
> 
> How about debugging the problem, if this is an issue for you?

Yes, I will do that now, unless I see someone else who has already
solved it answer my initial query.  I always try to save myself having
to debug something that someone else has already solved :-)

My first attack will be to compare the strace output of rsync with
1.1.2 and rsync with 1.1.6-1, and then single-step the problem area in
gdb.  Can anyone give any other hints on a better way to go about
debugging this type of problem ?

-- 
-- Rod Whitby, Snr Staff Engr, Electronic Design Automation --
-- Motorola Australia Software Centre - Adelaide, Australia --
-- Phone: +61 8 8168 3526, Fax: +61 8 8168 3501, <GMT+9:30> --

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]