Subject: Compatibility problem: Cygwin make and makefile filename case
From: Frank Ellert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:02:10 +0100

Hi!

There is a compatibility problem with Cygwin-make and the makefile
filename case.  Cygwin-make doesn't accept "MAKEFILE" (but "makefile",
"Makefile" or "GNUmakefile") which is treated the same as "makefile"
by (at least some) other LFN-aware tools, i.e. Info-ZIP's unzip and
DJGPP ls.

So if you call a makefile "makefile" and put it into a ZIP archive,
there is the possibility that it is unpacked as "MAKEFILE" and
displayed as "makefile" but Cygwin make doesn't find it.

It was great if you could fix that problem by making Cygwin make also
look for "MAKEFILE".

I'm sorry, I don't read the mailing list.  So please reply to me
directly.

And please excuse possible mistakes.  English is not my mother
language.

Frank
-- 
"Wer den Swing in sich hat, kann nicht mehr im Gleichschritt
marschieren." Coco Schumann, Jazzer, Überlebender des KZ
Theresienstadt

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]