Subject: Mount points: /bin, /usr/bin
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:42:26 -0500

I see that, as installed, "/bin" is a "real" directory in which all the
binaries live,
"/usr/bin" doesn't have any content.  However, "X11R6" apparently needs
to live
at "/usr/bin/X11R6 (real)."  There could be others with similar
requirements.

I also read (I think) that a lot of transported utilities would break
without "/usr/bin."

Can I move things and change the mount so that "/usr/bin" (At
"C:\\usr\\bin") is the real directory and "/bin" is the mount point that
routes requests to that point?

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate.  Public Key
at:
<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit>
"Don't buy or use crappy software"
"By the grace of God I am a Christian man,
 by my actions a great sinner" -- The Way of a Pilgrim [R. M. French,
tr.]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]