Subject: Re: ioctl() support
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:29:40 -0500

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 10:06:11AM +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm running CYGWIN 1.1.2 (my Xlib didn't work with 1.1.4; will
>soon try 1.1.5), and am very happy with it. I have built a
>version of apcupsd (UPS daemon) that works great on Win32
>except for "dumb" UPSes which require serial line control
>with ioctl() TIOCMBIS, TIOCMBIC, and TIOCMGET.  My ioctl()
>calls always return with "Invalid argument".  
>
>In a quick look at the CYGWIN source, it appears that you do
>not support TIOCMBIS, TIOCMBIC, and TIOCMGET.
>Is this true or am I missing something?

Not only are they not supported, I can't find them in any header
files.  I would have expected a compilation error rather than a
runtime error.

>If you do not support them, do you have any plans to support
>them?

Sorry, no.

>Assuming that you do not support them, is there any way after
>I do an open() on the serial port that I can get the Windows
>serial port handle so that I can interface directly to the
>port with GetCommModemStatus() and EscapeCommFunction()
>without having to rewrite all the open()/close() code 
>that you have already so nicely done?

get_osfhandle (fd);

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]