Subject: RE: Puzzled by Cygwin Download and Installation
From: "Norman Vine" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:41:04 -0500

jamesekeenan writes:
>
>Thanks for responding.  But I must I'm still puzzled.  If I 
>delete Cygwin B20 and its directory structure, what in the 
>downloading of the various utilities builds a new structure 
>and imposes a new installation?  Another way of putting this 
>question:  What does the work formerly done by "full.exe" or 
>"usertools.exe"?

See the faq  -- specifically
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC5

<quote>
"There is one recommended way to install Cygwin,
which is to use the GUI installer `setup.exe'. 
There are some variations on how you go about that. 

Do it any other way, and you're on your own!"
< /quote>

FWIW IMHO the 'new' method is VASTLY SUPERIOR !

Many Thanks to all that have helped make it !!

Cheers

Norman VIne

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]