Subject: RE: Error: Initializing USER32.dll
From: "Scott Wallace" <[email-masked]>
To: "John Pollock" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:48:40 -0600

>1) do the users in question have different levels of rights? (i.e. some are
>admins and some are not)

I've tried putting the user in the administrator's group, but still same
effect.

>2) One thing that may be different about the users might be their local or
>roaming profiles.

All profiles are local.  I don't know of anything that could be out of the
ordinary.

>Could it be that the new users are inheriting something
>from the Default User profile that's causing a problem?

Nothing special has been put into the Default User profile that I know of.

>Or there's something in the RUN key of HKCU?

Nothing there.

>3) What version of Exceed is this?  If i remember correctly, it's possible
>to turn on some limited logging for the HCL Inetd daemon that controls
>telnet, and that might reveal something.

The version is Exceed 6.2.0.0
I'll have to look into how to turn on the logging.

>4) What service pack of NT 4.0 are you running?

SP5

>5) what is your CYGWIN environment variable set to?

When I do "set", I don't see a CYGWIN environment variable set anywhere.
Does it need to be set as a Windows environment variable for the user?

Thanks a lot!
Scott Wallace

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]