Subject: Re: Symlink'ed current directory and FIND
From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <[email-masked]>
To: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
Cc: Paul Stodghill <[email-masked]>, "Cygwin Mailing List (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:14:18 +0100

> Find doesn't dereference symbolic links unless you tell it to.

Yes, but surely it should follow the links to the *current* directory? 
Not following links anywhere under it should be ok, but not finding
anything when sitting in a directory behind a symlink does sound like a
problem.

Paul, can you check what find does under strace in both circumstances to
see if there is any obvious reason for it to fail?  FWIW, try also the
`-noleaf' option.  GNU find has optimisations that have occasionally
caused problems for me in other contexts (cf. the manpage).  Maybe
cygwin doesn't always maintain the invariants GNU find uses for the
optimisations; using `-noleaf' would solve that one (I have no idea why
that would happen under cygwin, but there is no harm in trying).

Hope this helps,
//lat
-- 
It isn't what you don't know that hurts you, it's
what you know that ain't so. --Mark Twain, or else
some other prominent 19th century humorist and wit

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]