Subject: Is there TCGETS/TCSETS in Cygwin ?
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:40:19 +0200

Dear Gurus,

I've recently upgraded my Cygwin from B20 to 1.1.5. There are many
improvements, one that is very important to me is the terminfo support.
Thank you for the work done so far.

However, I have a problem. The following code which changes the terminal
input mode, works on various UNICES (SGI IRIX, DG/UX, Linux), but fails
compilation with gcc 2.95.2-5 on Cygwin.

static FILE *devttyr ;                     /* stream for terminal I/O - read only */
struct termios ttyarg, intrm ;		   /* arguments for ioctl / termios */
int ftty ;                                 /* devtty file number */

   ftty = fileno ( devttyr ) ;             /* file number of devtty */
   ioctl ( ftty , TCGETS , &intrm ) ;	   /* get stdin arguments (SAVE) */
   ttyarg = intrm ;                        /* saved original configuration */

   ttyarg.c_cc [VMIN] = 0 ;                /* minimum of 0 chars */
   ttyarg.c_cc [VTIME] = 15 ;              /* wait max 15/10 sec */
   ttyarg.c_iflag = IGNBRK | IGNPAR | ICRNL | IMAXBEL ;    /* set these modes only on input */
   ttyarg.c_lflag = 0 ;                    /* clear lflag of all processing */
   ioctl ( ftty , TCSETS , &ttyarg ) ;	   /* set changed tty arguments */

The reason it fails is that TCGETS/TCSETS are not defined. I assume
that the either (1) the termios structure is not really implemented,
or (2) there is another way to get/set termios values.
BTW. I did not find any man pages for termio/termios.

I'll appreciate any decisive response.

Ehud.

-- 
 @@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@@ @    @   Ehud Karni  Simon & Wiesel  Insurance agency
     @    @      @  @@  @   Tel: +972-3-6212-757    Fax: +972-3-6292-544
     @    @ @    @ @  @@    (USA)  Fax  and  voice  mail:  1-815-5509341
     @    @ @    @ @    @        Better     Safe     Than     Sorry
 http://www.simonwiesel.co.il    mailto:[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]