Subject: -mno-cygwin option
From: crazyyao <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:39:28 +0800

Hi, everyone.

I am using cygwin-1.1.4.
I have a problem about -no-cygwin option by g++.

I have a simple c++ code.
 
aaa.c++

#include <iostream.h>
#include <string>

main(int argc, char** argv)
{
  string buff = argv[1];
  cout << "=== " << buff << " ===" << endl;
}

It is successfully compiled and works well, when I compiled without
-mno-cygwin option.
$ g++ -o aaa aaa.c++

But It failed with -mno-cygwin option.
If I did not use string and cout, it is succeed with -no-cygwin option.
I think it need some libraries.... but I do now know.
Please let me know about need libraries or others.

$ g++ -mno-cygwin -o aaa aaa.c++

/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccfCn07w.o(.text$__ls__H3ZcZt18string_char_traits1ZcZt24__default_alloc_template2b0i0_R7ostreamRCt12basic_string3ZX01ZX11ZX21_R7ostream+0x32):aaa.c++:
undefined reference to `ostream::write(char const *, int)'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iostream.o)(.text+0x154):iostream.cc: undefined
reference to `_imp___ctype_'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iostream.o)(.text+0x521):iostream.cc: undefined
reference to `_imp___ctype_'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iostream.o)(.text+0x17c7):iostream.cc: undefined
reference to `_impure_ptr'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iostream.o)(.text+0x17d8):iostream.cc: undefined
reference to `_impure_ptr'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(streambuf.o)(.text+0x3e7):streambuf.cc: undefined
reference to `__errno'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(stdstrbufs.o)(.text+0x4e):stdstrbufs.cc: undefined
reference to
`_impure_ptr'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iovfscanf.o)(.text+0x60):iovfscanf.c: undefined
reference to `_imp___ctype_'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iovfscanf.o)(.text+0x8d):iovfscanf.c: undefined
reference to `_imp___ctype_'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iovfscanf.o)(.text+0x584):iovfscanf.c: undefined
reference to
`_imp___ctype_'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iovfscanf.o)(.text+0x5d1):iovfscanf.c: undefined
reference to
`_imp___ctype_'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iovfscanf.o)(.text+0x85c):iovfscanf.c: undefined
reference to
`_imp___ctype_'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iovfscanf.o)(.text+0x8b4):iovfscanf.c: more
undefined references to
`_imp___ctype_' follow
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x194):fileops.c: undefined
reference to `__errno'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x206):fileops.c: undefined
reference to `__errno'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x261):fileops.c: undefined
reference to `__errno'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x390):fileops.c: undefined
reference to `__errno'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x459):fileops.c: undefined
reference to `__errno'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x5b1):fileops.c: more undefined
references to `__errno'
follow
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(floatconv.o)(.text+0x1273):floatconv.c: undefined
reference to `__infinity'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(floatconv.o)(.text+0x13cd):floatconv.c: undefined
reference to `__errno'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

thanks.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]