Subject: Perl again
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 23:13:41 +0100

Hi Cygwinners,

got problems compiling Perl(5.7)

This is from README.cygwin of perl distribution:

* -lcygipc (use IPC::SysV)

A port of SysV IPC is available for Cygwin.

NOTE: This has not been extensively tested.  In particular,
d_semctl_semun is undefined because it fails a Configure test
and on Win9x the shm*() functions seem to hang.  It also creates
a compile time dependency because perl.h includes <sys/ipc.h>
and <sys/sem.h> (which will be required in the future when compiling
CPAN modules).

The make stopped with this error:

In file included from DynaLoader.xs:120:
../../perl.h:3297: sys/ipc.h: No such file or directory
../../perl.h:3298: sys/sem.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [DynaLoader.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/perl/ext/DynaLoader'
make: *** [lib/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a] Error 2

So, why are ipc.h and sem.h not there at the right place?

Where could i get them?

Which distribution are they part of, if not perl?

ciao,

- gph -

-- 
Gerrit Peter Haase

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]