Subject: Re: kpathsea cannot read `texmf.cnf' under Cygwin 1.1.4
From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 07 Nov 2000 18:46:12 +0100

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Wright <[email-masked]> writes:

    Kevin> Jerome,
    Kevin> I found some of my notes from building teTeX which uses some of the same
    Kevin> utilities. Here's what I found:

    Kevin> /usr/local/bin/mktexlsr:
    Kevin>    if test -z "$COMSPEC" && test -z "$ComSpec"; then SEP=':'; else SEP=';';
    Kevin> fi

    Kevin> changed this to SEP=':'

Hi

  I compiled teTex-1.0 under cygwin-1.1.5-4 and changed SEP to : as recommended above.
  Compiling tex files and previewing with xdvi works like a charm.
  The only problem is that the automatic font generation facility of tetex always places
  the resulting .pk files in the directory where the dvi file is found.

  It doesn't matter how I setup the font directory.

  I checked the tetex config files against my linux and solaris configuration, and couldn't find
  any differences. So maybe it's a cygwin problem.

  Is anybody out there who's using tetex with cygwin and seeing the same problem, or better
  has an answer ?

Ciao
  Volker

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]