Subject: Re: Newbie question: Is it possible to use Daemon in Win 9X
From: Holger Schmidt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:23:03 +0100 (MET)

> Holger Schmidt wrote:
> > 
> > I want to set up SSHD on our Win95 machine. Any sugestions ?
> 
> Sure. Read the documentation, check your config files, start sshd,
> use it.
> 
> Corinna

Hi Corinna.

OK, I read the documentation. I started SSHD and tried to connect from
another system.

The Log-File on the server says:
sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0xFFF5FD4F : Cygwin Process Id = 0x419 :
LOG_INFO : Failed password for schmhol from 10.128.40.244 port 964 ssh2
sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0xFFF5FD4F : Cygwin Process Id = 0x419 :
LOG_INFO : Failed password for schmhol from 10.128.40.244 port 964 ssh2
sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0xFFF5FD4F : Cygwin Process Id = 0x419 :
LOG_INFO : Failed password for schmhol from 10.128.40.244 port 964 ssh2
sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0xFFF5FD4F : Cygwin Process Id = 0x419 :
LOG_INFO : Connection closed by 10.128.40.244

I edited /etc/passwd like the docu said. But I think login uses
Windows-Password. The docu is less helpful if you do not use NT.

I make the keys on the client system and move the public key to the server
and into Authorized_keys in directory ~/.ssh/, so that it should no longer
depends on a password (using key without passphrase). But after that the
same problem appears.

Maybe something else went wrong. Do you have a suggestion ?

Bye
Holger

-- 
Sent through GMX FreeMail - http://www.gmx.net

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]