Subject: Re: [PORTS] Re: ps and psql from PostgreSQL not working with cygwin-1.1.5-2
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:37:07 -0500

Sorry for not letting this thread die...

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 01:19:50AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> That's the problem. I thought about changing the behaviour of connect
> two weeks ago. I'm not sure if it makes sense to change the error code
> translation table for exactly that reason: Who knows what that would
> break? Perhaps it's better to change only the connect call to return
> EINPROGRESS. On the other hand Winsock seem to have interchanged the
> meaning of WOULDBLOCK and INPROGRESS (by mistake?). Hmmm.

Can some one very knowledgeable with socket programming (hopefully on
many platforms) please help us out?  Should socket clients (e.g., psql)
be expected to test errno for EWOULDBLOCK (a.k.a EAGAIN) when connect()
returns -1?  Or, should cygwin map EWOULDBLOCK to EINPROGRESS, at least
for connect()?

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]