Subject: Re: Cygwin RCS Build Instructions (or sometimes ash does not like a.out)
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: "Sprenger, Karel" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:13:31 -0500

Karel,

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 05:21:51PM +0100, Sprenger, Karel wrote:
> Just now I tried to build RCS 5.7 a couple of times using the instructions
> and patches in Jason Tishler's message of Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:27:45 -0400,
> and everything works fine until the make installcheck step.  Then I get an
> rcs error on the rcs -i -L test which fails with rcs error 0.  Any clues?

Please post some more details like OS (e.g., NT/2000/98), file system
(e.g., FAT, NTFS, CIFS), etc.  The output from cygcheck -s -v -r wouldn't
hurt too.

FYI, I'm only a casual RCS user and have only used it only on NT with NTFS
and CIFS.

> BTW, src/Makefile.in needs another patch as the programs to install end in
> .exe:

Only if you don't have the following installed as install:

    ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Humblet_Pierre_A/install-cygwin-b20-sh

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]