Subject: Re: Updated: inetutils-1.3.2-8
From: Hans Schlenker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 17:37:35 +0100

(Sorry, I got the original message from the archive and don't know how
to manually create a correct reply)

I just managed to get inetd out of cygwin-1.1.4 working! What I had to
do manually (in addition to some of the things that are described in
/usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README), was:

- change the registry entry
\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mount v2\/\native
from "C:" to "C:\Programme\cygwin"

- copy /etc/inetd.conf from my backup of cygwin-1.1.0 to /etc (BTW: why
did this file fall out the distribution?)

The problem I now have: if I log in remotely, I can't change to some
directories, like //g/, although this is possible inside a local shell.

Example:
local (NT machine):

hs@DONAUVM ~
$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
c:\programme\cygwin\bin  /usr/bin            system       binmode
c:\programme\cygwin\lib  /usr/lib            system       binmode
c:\Programme\cygwin  /                   user         textmode
c:\programme\cygwin  /                   system       binmode

hs@DONAUVM ~
$ cd //g

hs@DONAUVM //g
$ who
hs       tty0     Nov  3 15:30 (donauvm)
hs       tty1     Nov  3 16:00 (donau)

remote (from donau):

$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
c:\programme\cygwin\bin  /usr/bin            system       binmode
c:\programme\cygwin\lib  /usr/lib            system       binmode
c:\Programme\cygwin  /                   user         textmode
c:\programme\cygwin  /                   system       binmode
\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$ cd //g
cd: can't cd to //g
\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$ ls //g
//g
\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$ ls /abc
ls: /abc: No such file or directory

So: the directory //g seems to exist (in contrary to /abc), but I can't
change there nor can I view its content (which is apparently not empty).

Any idea what happens? Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,

Hans

-- 

___________________________
Hans Schlenker
http://www.first.gmd.de/~hs

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]