Subject: Re: make
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:45:25 -0500

Carlos,

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 10:36:52AM +1300, [email-masked] wrote:
> I also would like to get an example of how to traverse subdirectories and
> do a make in each of them.

Use GNU make's -C option, as in the following:

SubDir = dir2 dir2 dir3

all:: $(SubDir)

clean:: $(SubDir)

.PHONY: $(SubDir)

$(SubDir):
	$(MAKE) -C $@ $(MAKECMDGOALS)

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]